Ayurveda helps us to be our healthiest and happiest by living in harmony with nature. So why not resolve to live an ayurvedic lifestyle? Below are 8 easy to implement ways to get started.
- Schedule a walk with a family member, friend or pet. Ayurveda considers walking a tridoshic exercise: it balances all three doshas without putting excessive strain on your body. It calms the mind and nourishes the senses. A morning walk in the sun is a great way to start the day.
- Create a fresh lunch. Foods that are processed, canned, frozen or packaged are harder to digest. Also, because they are old, denatured by processing, or have some ingredients in high concentration, they no longer contain nature's intelligence. Rather, they create toxins or ama and block nature's intelligence from reaching the cells. Just for today, make the effort to eat a fresh, warm lunch. Eat in a settled, quiet atmosphere and focus on your food when you eat. Whenever possible, lunch should be the largest meal of the day because lunchtime hours are when our digestion is at its strongest.
- Drink a glass of water. Water flushes out accumulated ama or toxins, and keeps the digestion smooth. Sipped throughout the day, water is an excellent healer. Water should be warm, as cold water can put out the digestive fire. Water with lemon is even better to improve digestion.
- Sit down and close your eyes. Take a "just-for-me" break right now, right here. Disconnect from the outer world and tune in to your own self. Even if you do this for a minute, you will feel healed. 20 minutes of meditation twice daily helps to conquer stress and increase positive energy and a sense of well-being. You might want to apply a drop of Essential Oil for a scent to aid your process.
Ayurveda helps us to be our healthiest and happiest by living in harmony with nature. So why not resolve to live an Ayurvedic lifestyle?
- Sip herb tea. All-natural, caffeine-free teas prepared from nature's healing herbs are a perfect way to relax and recharge: choose a blend that suits your unique dosha type and your needs.
- Massage your body. The skin thirsts for touch and attention. When warm oil is rubbed gently all over the skin, your body and your mind feel pampered and relaxed. Treat your skin to the magic of massage today with Body Oils. A scalp massage might be even better with a Hair and Scalp Oil.
- Call a friend. People whose company makes us feel happy and loved are like medicine: they heal and restore us. Keeping in touch with such people nurtures our own hearts.
- Breathe deep. Mindful breathing, pranayama, improves the flow of oxygen and other vital nutrients to the tiniest channels of the body, giving you an instant sense of well-being.