With warmer weather and longer hours of day light in the Northern Hemisphere it seems natural to slow down just a little and take time get outside and free yourself from the intensity. If this sounds like a good idea but somehow does not come naturally to you here are a few ideas to remind you how life could be if you could...
- Smell the flowers, be in the moment. Listen to the sounds of nature and be nourished by her colors. Visit places where you can see an expanse of water or a forest
- Remember the 3 Rs : Rest, Relaxation and Recreation – do it! Paste these 3 Rs on your refrigerator as a gentle reminder
- Choose to exercise at cooler times of day and follow it up with a long cool shower
Lighten up your summer skincare regimen with a gentle cleanser, add an exfoliator and do not forget to pamper the body
- Abandon the evening news and listen to peaceful music. Meditate as regularly as you can. Little and often is better than hours on retreat
- Surround yourself with cooling colors such as creams and the pastel shades. Wear light clothing made of natural fabrics that breathe e.g. cottons, linen, bamboo and hemp